Here’s another delicious recipe from the Vega Team at myvega.com
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used homemade cashew milk)
2 tbsp blackstrap molasses (I didn’t have molasses at home so I used 2 tbsp of dark pure maple syrup)
1 cup gluten free flour (I used amaranth flour)
1 scoop Vega Sports Protein, Vanilla (or you can use any vegan plant-based vanilla protein powder)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger (I used 1 tsp fresh grated ginger)
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 Tbsp coconut oil
Optional Toppings: sliced banana, chopped nuts, maple or agave syrup
1. Whisk together non-dairy milk, applesauce, and molasses. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients.
3. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, mix until just combined. Add more non-dairy milk if the batter appears too thick. (I didn’t need to).
4. Melt coconut oil over a non-stick pan over medium heat, or use a griddle.
5. Add a quarter cup of the batter into the pan. Flip once bubbles have formed and popped (approx. 2 min each side)
6. Top with fresh fruits, nuts, or syrup. Enjoy!