I recently found this website on the Vega Website. It’s absolutely delicious!! You can find more delicious vegan recipes on the vega website: http://myvega.com
This is a versatile and hearty salad that makes a great addition to a potluck, as the filling in kale wraps, or as a stand-alone dish.
Full of Moroccan spices and flavor, the dressing for this salad includes turmeric and ginger, known for their anti-inflammatory properties, as well as tahini (made from sesame seeds), which contains iron. Parsley, rich in vitamin C, helps with absorption of iron as well as being a source of antioxidant support. Let your senses be carried away by the flavors, and your body will thank you for the nutrient rich feast!
1/2 cup dried apricots and golden raisins (I used organic apricots and organic raisins)
1 cup warm water
1/3 – 1 cup room-temperature water
3 Tbsp Vega Antioxidant Omega Oil Blend (I used extra virgin olive oil)
1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup tahini
1 cup minced parsley
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
3 cups raw zucchini, diced
3 cups cooked whole grains (choose from quinoa, barley, wild rice or wheat berries) (I used red quinoa)
1 cup of prepared dressing
1 cup minced parsley
1. Soften the dried fruit for at least 30 minutes in the warm water (strain off the water when ready).
2. Dice the zucchini and mine the parsley, and add to a large mixing bowl with cooked grains.
3. For dressing , combine in a high power blender or food processor: 1/3 cup room temperature water, soaked dried fruit, Vega Antioxidant Omega Oil, vinegar, tahini, and spices. Blend until the texture is a smooth consistency. Add up to 2./3 cup remaining warm water if necessary to achieve desired consistency. Tip: The dressing will be thick, almost like a paste. This will help bind the grains and support the hearty texture of this salad. You can save the leftover dressing for dipping vegetables, add to sandwiches, use as salad dressing, etc.
4. Garnish with additional fresh parsley before serving.
5. Keeps well in the fridge for 3 -4 days.