3 large zucchini (grated)
1 cup gluten free oats
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1 flax egg (2 tbsp ground flaxseed & 2 tbsp water)
1 cup daiya cheese (mozzarella)
1 tbsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a sauté skillet over medium heat. Add grated zucchini and cook until most of the water and moisture from the zucchini has evaporated (about 10 minutes).
- Strain zucchini in a strainer. Try to get all of the excess water out.
- Add zucchini to a mixing bowl.
- Add gluten free oats, quinoa flour, flax egg, diaya cheese, and oregano to the bowl.
- Mix until well combined and the mixture become doughy. The dough can be as finely mixed or as you’d like. If you want it finely mixed, try adding the mixture to a food processor and processing it for a minute.
- Coat a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Scoop a large tablespoon of zucchini mixture and form into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Repeat this step several times until you have used all of the zucchini mixture.
- Place the zucchini balls into the oven for 20 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- Once golden brown, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Enjoy with tomato sauce, zucchini pasta, regular pasta, etc.